Live Well. Laugh Often. Love Much

Thoughts. Silliness. Life as I see it.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

dumped by lisa

Lisa "broke up" with me today...two weeks after I told her we weren't friends anymore because she wasn't being a good friend.

She said that she has been re-evaluating priorities in her life, and "since we have different things that we want/need out of the friendship" and "that she only has so much to give right now, and it is clearly not meeting my needs, we should cut our losses." She managed to sound both snotty and self-righteous. She seems to think that I was asking for a lot of her time, that I was expecting too much of her. Really, I was just asking/expecting basic courtesies of friendship.

It was rather silly actually, and I'm relieved and can walk away without any bad feelings. I still think she will try to make up with me when Rob cheats on her or her wedding gets postponed or she realizes she has lost all her real friends. I'm trying to not think mean thoughts, and I certainly don't wish her ill, but that seems to be the path she is heading down. Maybe this was a good wake up call for her and she can readjust some of her priorities, like her fiance. If that's the case, if me writing to her helped her realize what is important to her, then I am glad.

Sense of load lightened. Sense of shedding the old, shedding the bad parts that no longer fit. This spring is about growth and rebirth and shedding things/friendships/houses that no longer fit are a good part of that :)

1 Comments:

At 6:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are much better off.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home