Live Well. Laugh Often. Love Much

Thoughts. Silliness. Life as I see it.

Monday, March 26, 2007

On being a drinking lightweight

It's no surprise that I've always been not much into drinking. It affects me really quickly, it makes my stomach bloat out, and it makes me really sleepy.

I started to wonder if I was allergic to alcohol.

And then this weekend when I confirmed that I don't handle gluten or wheat well at all, well, I really am allergic to alcohol!

There are times when my no-drinking made me feel lame, or not really fitting in, or not joining in on parties and such. I used to feel a little out of place with Tim, especially at first, because he was used to going out to get a drink with friends, and I just never really had any interest in being around alcohol.

I don't feel that way anymore, and pretty much everyone doesn't care, it's just weird how you feel left out and different because you don't do something that just about everybody else does, even if it is only in your mind.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear what you're saying. I have felt like that many times when out with The Boy's friends. Don't get me wrong, I can drink with the best of them, but more often than not I prefer to just have one (if that) and then drink water or ginger ale. I don't like being out of control (very often! LOL) I don't like being around a bunch of stupid drunk people.
Luckily, you don't HAVE to drink when you're out with us. :-) We know you're weird and we yuv you anyways!

mwah!

But seriously. I know what you're saying.

 
At 4:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was never a big drinker -- don't like the taste of most alcohol, so when I drank, it was usually vodka (shots or in orange juice) cos vodka doesn't have a taste or a smell.

But with the meds I'm on, I can't drink at all anyway. I have like two sips of champagne on New Year's and that's it.

Been like that for nearly a decade.

I don't miss drinking.

Occassionally, I wish I could have a margarita at a restaurant, but usually, eh... I could care less.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home