Live Well. Laugh Often. Love Much

Thoughts. Silliness. Life as I see it.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

goodbye size 4

For a relatively short period of time, I was a size four. At the time, I loved that I was able to buy clothes that small, and I felt good about myself because of a number.

I kept a lot of the clothes, thinking maybe I would fit in them again, but today, I cleaned out my closet and bureau, and came up with two and a half bags to donate, and another half to 3/4 bag of clothes to throw away. Most of the clothes being donated are my size fours.

I like where I am now, and I think (and Tim agrees) that I look healthier now than I did as a four, because I looked unhealthy skinny at that weight. It's also a very hard weight to maintain for me, which makes me think that while I can get down to that size, it is not where it is best for my body to be.

I don't care anymore that I'm not a size four. I care more about the fact that I feel stronger, that I feel healthier, that I can run for long periods of time, that my running speeds have improved. And that now that I have figured out I can't handle gluten, my bloating and stomach pain have gone away.

It felt great to get rid of those clothes, and to like my body for more than just a clothes size.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home